|Dates:||May 1, 2019|
|Meets:||W from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM|
|Location:||Drew Hall 228|
IMPORTANT: The deadline to register for this course is April 24, 2019.
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
About this Course
Steam turbines are prime movers used in many industries. This course will over the details of design, thermodynamics and operation. For the design, the turbine components will be defined and described. This includes nozzles, rotating elements, governors, and overspeed trip devices.
From a thermodynamic point of view, steam turbines are constant entropy machines. Using the steam tables and Mollier chart, evaluate the effects of inlet and exhaust conditions for turbine sizing and rerating. Consider the heat and material balance of condensing and backpressure steam turbines and their impact on process heat requirements and cooling tower systems.
Operations section will include startup, shutdown and overspeed trip testing.
Intended audience is engineers that want to refresh their technical knowledge of steam turbines to better troubleshoot, rerate and specify steam turbines. Also, includes engineers and operators that want to learn more about the benefits and costs of operating steam turbines in their industries.
Registration and Payment
• Pay online with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover
• For payment with American Express, contact Nicole Jimenez at (337) 562-4107.
• If you are paying with AMEX and need a confirmation that you are fully enrolled in a course, please contact Amanda Hext, (337) 562-4592.
• Checks should be made payable to McNeese State University and mailed to the following address:
McNeese State University
Institute for Industry-Education Collaboration
Lake Charles, LA 70609
For Additional Information
Refunds for non-attendance will be given if a written notification is received up to 5 working days prior to the first day of the course. No refunds will be given after that day. In the event that an attendee cannot attend, he/she is welcome to send another person as a replacement at no charge or accept a credit for a future course.
The McNeese State University Institute for Industry-Education Collaboration will always make the best effort to avoid cancelling a course. This course, like any other, can be cancelled for a number of reasons. If the course is cancelled, you will be refunded the full amount. Please be aware of this possibility when making travel and hotel arrangements.
GoArmyEd Tuition Assistance
For tuition assistance through GoArmyEd, please do the following:
• Get an SF-182 from GoArmyEd
• Submit the approve SF-182 to Karen Lopez via email; cc Amanda Hext
• If you decide not to use your GoArmyEd voucher, please notify Karen Lopez and Amanda Hext via email and cancel your SF-182 submission on GoArmyEd.
• You may withdraw an SF 182 without penalty before the START DATE of the course: