|Dates:||May 7-8, 2019|
|Meets:||Tu and W from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, 2 sessions|
|Location:||Drew Hall 228|
The dealine to register for this course is April 24, 2019.
There are still openings remaining at this time.
About this Course
The IEC 61511 standard is the functional safety standard, specific to the Process Industry sector. The standard introduces a safety lifecycle concept, together with a structured engineering process to ensure functional safety is achieved in a plant. The standard also focuses on probabilistic evaluation of process risk and required risk reduction, if necessary. This training will provide an introduction to the IEC 61511 functional safety standard. The functional safety lifecycle will be discussed from a “big picture” perspective, with subsequently additional detail in the main phases of the lifecycle, Analysis, Realization, and Operation. The training will conclude with functional safety requirements and basic reliability concepts.
Skills You Will Learn
• Understand the scope and general requirements of IEC 61511
• Understand the impact of introducing IEC 61511 in your organization
• Introduction to Safety Instrumented Systems
• The Safety Lifecycle - The Big Picture
• Analysis phase
• Realization phase
• Operation phase
• Functional safety management
• Terminology & basic reliability concepts
Real World Example
• SIF Identification
• SIL Target & RRF
• Conceptual Design
• SIL Verification
Who Should Attend
• Plant managers
• PSM engineers
Registration and Payment
• Pay online with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover
• For payment with American Express, contact Nicole Jimenez at (337) 562-4107.
• If you are paying with AMEX and need a confirmation that you are fully enrolled in a course, please contact Amanda Hext, (337) 562-4592.
• Checks should be made payable to McNeese State University and mailed to the following address:
McNeese State University
Institute for Industry-Education Collaboration
Lake Charles, LA 70609
For Additional Information
Refunds will not be issued for this course after the registration deadline. In the event that an attendee cannot attend, he/she is welcome to send another person as a replacement at no charge or accept a credit for a future course.
The McNeese State University Institute for Industry-Education Collaboration will always make the best effort to avoid cancelling a course. This course, like any other, can be cancelled for a number of reasons. If the course is cancelled, you will be refunded the full amount. Please be aware of this possibility when making travel and hotel arrangements.
For tuition assistance through GoArmyEd, please do the following:
• Get an SF-182 from GoArmyEd
• Submit the approve SF-182 to Karen Lopez via email; cc Amanda Hext
• If you decide not to use your GoArmyEd voucher, please notify Karen Lopez and Amanda Hext via email and cancel your SF-182 submission on GoArmyEd.
• You may withdraw an SF 182 without penalty before the START DATE of the course: