|Dates:||March 20 - July 10, 2019|
|Meets:||W from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM, 17 sessions|
|Location:||SEED Center, 4310 Ryan Street 142|
**The deadline for registering and paying for this course will be Friday, March 15, 2019, by 4pm.**
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
About this Course
This course provides preparation for Louisiana's state notary exam that is given no less than twice a year.
Class discussions will focus on:
• legal descriptions
• community property regime
The Louisiana court system and the Notary Public's role within that system will be included in the discussion. Please note that successful preparation for the state notary exam will require extensive reading outside of the classroom.
Course Conduct Style
This will be a "live" online class. McNeese will provide a classroom for students and the instructor will be projected onto an overhead screen. You will be able to see and interact with the instructor in realtime. You can ask her any question you might have and she will be able to answer immediately.
Course Meeting Times and Length
This is a 16-session course, running Wednesday nights from 6 to 9 pm.
Total contact hours: forty-eight (48)
Mandatory Pre-Assessment Test
***IMPORTANT!!! The pre-assessment is mandatory before taking the exam through the Secretary of State. It must be taken at least 37 days prior to the exam.
Notary Exam Test
Deadline to register for the state notary exam is 30 days prior to the exam.
**Student will need to order this textbook from the Secretary of State prior to the start of class!**
Registration and Payment
• Pay online with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover
• For payment with American Express, contact Nicole Jimenez at (337) 562-4107.
• If you are paying with AMEX and need a confirmation that you are fully enrolled in a course, please contact Amanda Hext, (337) 562-4592.
• Checks should be made payable to McNeese State University and mailed to the following address:
McNeese State University
Institute for Industry-Education Collaboration
Lake Charles, LA 70609
For Additional Information
Refunds will not be issued for this course after the registration deadline. In the event that an attendee cannot attend, he/she is welcome to send another person as a replacement at no charge or accept a credit for a future course.
The McNeese State University Institute for Industry-Education Collaboration will always make the best effort to avoid cancelling a course. This course, like any other, can be cancelled for a number of reasons. If the course is cancelled, you will be refunded the full amount. Please be aware of this possibility when making travel and hotel arrangements.
For tuition assistance through GoArmyEd, please do the following:
• Get an SF-182 from GoArmyEd
• Submit the approve SF-182 to Karen Lopez via email; cc Amanda Hext
• If you decide not to use your GoArmyEd voucher, please notify Karen Lopez and Amanda Hext via email and cancel your SF-182 submission on GoArmyEd.
• You may withdraw an SF 182 without penalty before the START DATE of the course: